Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Nekemte English class

The girls decided to meet for English class from 10-12 each morning. I asked if they wanted to meet after lunch also. "That would be too hard work for you, Katlin," Obse and Fenon (the students best in English) said and the others nodded agreement. I assured them that I was strong and healthy for my age. After verifying that with Beth and Sosi, they admitted that they did want to meet in the afternoon. We decided on a one-hour lunch break at 12:00 and then to go back in our classroom from 1-3 p.m.
 
Our first lesson after the introductions and some dialogs among the girls so they could get to know each other (since they go to seven different schools, most don't see much of each other) was "Let's Take A Trip." I wasn't at all sure if any of the lessons I had prepared would work with the girls but all I could do now was try....

Kathleen Moore, REAL teacher