Friday, May 1, 2009

Iftu-Nedjo 2004


Thank you for your letter. I have no idea what a firefighter is up until my teacher explained it to me.Here in rural areas where I live, when fire breakout people gather together. I now know how firefighters with modern equipment do their job.

I have two sisters and a brother, I am 14 and the last. My father died when I was a small child and I never knew him.

Every morning I walk for an hour and a half to get to school. I have to get up too early not to be late. In September...I will be a grade 9 student. After completing grade 10 there is a national examination. If I pass the exam I will attend a preparatory class to join the university.

2006 - I am now a high school student. I am in grade 9. In grade 9 and above every subject is given in English. From grade 1 - 8 we learn in vernacular language. I am now taking a mid semester exam at my school. I studied hard to score a good result. My favorite subjects are biology and physics. I have difficulty with English and Mathematics. Every time I get your letter, my mother, my sisters and my brother talk about you and the help to us.